Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Right Voices, The Right Choices

I moved to LA to entertain. That's where the problems started. Lol I know I wanted to focus on acting (to start) but I didn't do research. I didn't make plans. I made up my mind to move, found somewhere to stay a few weeks before I got here, and than shipped my car. My plan was not a plan, so I was open to too many suggestions. And since being here I have done comedy, rapped, fitness modeling, catalogue, runway, drama,blogged, started a group, charity, pageantry and the list goes on. Looking back now I am not mad at all, but it does make me laugh. I want my career credits to be longer than that list BUT that will never happen if I do not focus. And since I did not do my research, everyone else's suggestion on what I should do with my life made sense. It took me getting hurt to realize what I needed to do.

The first step was muting the voices that didn't matter. There are over 7 billion people in the world, everyone one of them has an opinion, and if you could speak their language they'd let you hear it. But, none of their opinions or suggestions will affect their lives, and they do not know every single thing that is going on in your life. YOU have to choose.

Ultimately, you have to make the final decision, but you should also find another voice you can listen to. Jamie Foxx's career is very similar to the career I plan on having for myself. I have been blessed to have him in my corner since the 2nd week of me being in LA, and he has been telling me since than to do fitness modeling. For some reason I ignored him. I've played sports since I could walk, he knows my goals, I'm in great shape, and for some reason beyond me, I decided to listen to 8 other ideas instead of one from an amazing person whom I admire. Looking back I can't believe how dumb I was, but I have went through things and learned lessons that I will have for life now.

Watch who's advice you are taking. Do not take relationship advice from a single person. Do not take career advice from a lazy person. Do not take money advice from a broke person. And do not take life advice from a hater. Make sure that who ever is giving you advice has a good position on whatever they are advising you on. It sounds like such a "dduuuhhhh" statement, but I know for a fact many of us allow our friends to give us advice. They are closest to us, but in reality they have no business even giving us a suggestion.

That's just some food for thought, because I love to eat!

Lexsi Lewis ... Muah!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment