Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Solo Dolo



I just walked out of the movies. I went alone to go see Lawless. (Great film. Must see) It was a very liberating experience.

 Some people think I am weird, but I like to do most things by myself. Get my nails done, go shopping, and yes... go to the movies. Maybe it is just me ( I don’t think it is) ,but when I go places by myself the world slows down. I start to notice my surroundings more. (partly because I am looking around making sure no one is about to pull out a gun and rob me.) But I also am more aware of myself. When I am away from friends I start to notice that I am just like everyone else. We are all just on small portion of this world. Sometimes, we forget that and focus on how large we are in our own individual worlds.

CONFESSION: I was sitting in the theatre and cried 3 times. Not when someone died, not when someone was being all lovey dovey, but when  nothing really big or emotional was happening. I cried because I was doing exactly what I wanted to do, exactly when I wanted to do it. I went and grabbed a sandwich at the exact place I wanted to go to. I had spent the day doing everything on my terms. Days like this can not always happen, but they should happen more often then not.


Have these moments more. Take time to be alone. Just you and your thoughts. It is in those “lonely” moments you remember how amazing you are. When no one is around laughing at you, pointing, or hating. When you can be your true self. When you are fearless. Find a pass time that you can do all by your self. During this "self enjoyment time" the question that has been haunting you (the one you knew you had but could not figure out how to ask) will be answered.

The more time you spend alone, the more you will begin to learn your strengths. You will become more familiar with your talents, so you do not have to hate on others for knowing their's. 

Me           Myself        and I

Make sure to spend some time alone, so you can than in return share what you have discovered with the world.

Just some food for thought, because I love to eat.

Lexsi Lewis ... Muah !!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment