Friday, October 28, 2011

The Key to Happiness? Be happy!

I was talking to my friend the other day, and she was telling me how unhappy she was and wanted to know my secret to happiness. It's simple....December 31st, 2009 I decide that from that day on I would be nothing but happy.


Saying it is one thing, believing it is the hard part...the important part.

You really have to put the thought in your head that you deserve nothing but happiness. Once you begin to focus on happiness you will attract situations and things to your life that make you happy.

Another important component to staying in a happy mindset is to be thankful for all the things you have. Stop focusing on what you do not have. If you always focus on what you don't have you're putting yourself in a mind set of disappointment.  If all you have is one shirt and a pair of sandals, learn to love those items. Be happy to have that pair of shoes, because you could have less. Remember you could always have less than you have now...ALWAYS! Be grateful!

You also need to realize you and you alone are in complete control of your happiness. Do not wait for someone else to give you something, do not expect someone else to give you happiness. Find happiness in yourself. Go back to you childhood and think about the things that made you happy. Being outside, playing sports, drawing... Do not forget the things that use to make you smile. A few months ago I became a little unmotivated. I could not get out of this funk, but than I started playing basketball again, and it reminded me of all my prior accomplishments. More importantly it reminded me what it felt like to be happy.

Start smiling at strangers, show those teeth, say good morning/afternoon/night . The littlest things can create your greatest happiness.

Just some food for thought, because I love to eat.

Lexsi Lewis ... Muah !!! xxx

1 comment:

  1. The biggest key is SELF worthy and being happy with yourself and who you are and what you stand for! (and please don't worry too much what OTHER people might think of it) Happiness will attract you. And its right saying good morning and smiling to strangers can sometimes make your day :) Good blog. Greetings from another stranger ;)
    -Luchritia Wright

    ReplyDelete