Monday, October 17, 2011

Recycle! Save lives!

Today was my first time taking bottles to get recycled. I saved all the plastic bottles and cans in my home over the last month. I made 3 dollars! I know 3 dollars may not seem like much, but with how things are in the world just 3 dollars can make a difference.

I decided to give my three dollars to the World Food Program.( https://www.wfp.org/donate/fillthecup?icn=homepage-donate-cup&ici=big-button-link )With 1 dollar you can give four people a meal in Africa. So with that little 3 dollars I just helped save twelve people's lives. If I continue to simply save the bottles that I use on a regular bases, and donate the money towards the World Food Program, then in a year I can help save one-hundred forty-four people's lives. So maybe that 3 dollars is a little bigger than you thought. Always think of little ways to help others.

Just some food for thought, because I love to eat.

Lexsi Lewis ... Muah !!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment