Saturday, October 22, 2011

Secrets!!

People can keep secrets...if they cared too. But half the time (a biiigggg half) the secret is far more interesting shared than kept in the dark. Soooooo stop telling your own secrets. I mean is it even fair to expect someone else to keep your secret when it does not affect them, when you can not even keep it yourself?

I've had a diary since I was 10 and it is filled with secrets. My secret crushes from 11th grade, a good friends abortion, a guy who cheated, and know one will ever know! One of the things I love most about myself is my ability to keep people's secrets secret. When someone comes to you with something they do not want to share with everyone else, that means they trust you. I have had urges to tell things before, and that is when I turn to my journal.  A journal will never tell a soul. (Sometimes it is good to use code names, just in case you have a nosy roommate.) And telling your diary will never be betraying someones trust.

Another method is to be honest. If you are bad at keeping secrets, or you are one that always seems to let things slip out of your mouth, let the person that is about to tell you something know. "I really am bad at keeping secrets. It is probably best I just do not know." Then you can avoid the betrayal all together. That person might still tell you, but they can no longer hold you accountable if their secret gets out. As always, knowing your strengths,weaknesses, and communication is key.

Just some food for thought, because I love to eat.
Lexsi Lewis ... Muah !!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment